Sunday, October 24, 2010

Lou's Tattoos

So we decided on what we are doing:   Lou's Tattoos!!
No offense but it's SO BAD.. they use papyrus!!!!


We did decide on a tattoo shop and it would be similar to our portfolio websites because essentially we would be highlighting the artists work. We have a creative brief started as well as a site map (seen below). We think this site will not give us too much of a headache as well as being super fun to do. Essentially we will be working with other artists so it should be interesting. We shall see!

7 comments:

  1. you know what they say, papyrus screams fancy and expensive.
    but i like your site map, it is simple and looks easy to navigate.
    the website is in major need of style, because if i saw this site before seeing the work, i would close the window immediately. can't wait to see y'alls design go into this! should be fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this idea because of the resources you probably already have. I also like that you are going to treat this just like portfolio website because that basically the main purpose of a tattoo shop website.

    The site map is very straight forward and looks like it is very easy to navigate. I am glad you guys added a sterilization page because thats very important too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like this assignment should be fun. I think you guys have a strong group and the topic of your final seems intriguing. I like the idea that you are going to have specific pages for the different artists. Its a great opportunity for them to get their work out there if the haven't set up their own personal website. If they do have their own websites, this is just another venue for them to promote themselves. You could have links to their personal pages if they have them. Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how all the artists are going to have their own page...like they do now kinda, but it's really hard to find on the current site. Are you guys going to try and meet with them all to get their work? or just use their stuff that is on the site now?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah I really dig the idea of having their website as an identity, as well as changing each artist's page a little bit so it fits their own style. Maybe like change in background or in subtle things like adding their "signature" in the header or something like that...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm kind of jealous you get to work with tattoo artists. I can't wait to see what the finished piece will look like. Sounds like a fun project and the site map you have right now looks easy and straight forward. I second Mike on the sterilization page. That was the first thing I looked at when I was researching artists for my tattoo.

    ReplyDelete