Right now we, me as Information Architect with the help of my colleagues, are putting together mock ups of the website. He has a very cool logo (as seen in Jen's posting) that we are trying to utilize. The logo is reminicant of a 50's sign. So we are thinking of extending the sign on the left side and adding extra signs to the poles to create navigation. We don't have anything worth showing yet besides sketches and crappy mock ups but you can get the idea of what we are trying to do from this website full of some neon signs:
http://myneonlights.blogspot.com/2009/04/animated-neon-signs.html
I think thats an awesome idea it make me think of old tattoos and pin up girls... is that the theme they are going for with the 50's logo? I think the neon light effect is also reminiscent of the neon lights they put in their shop windows.
ReplyDeleteI really like his old school looking logo. Its got a great feel to it and like you said, it has enough element that you can carry throughout the site. I feel like the logo looks really nice simple like it is but those pops of color would be nice. I guess it just depends on what tattooing style he has. If he uses a lot of color than go for it. Just make sure the old school feel of the logo now doesn't get lost when color is added.
ReplyDeleteIve never been to this tattoo shop but I think you might have to be careful depending on what kind of tone the shop is trying to set. Some shops are very peculiar on their vibe being 'fine art' oriented, not so much of the 2am drunk kids coming in to get a cupcake tattooed on their butt.
ReplyDeleteBut alot of parlors ARE into their shop being just that, about tattoos.
All that being said the vibe I get from the website you posted is its a tattoo shop that I would walk in get what I want and walk back out, much like a random bar.
Just a thought
Really digging the neon signs, from both you/Jenessa's posts and the Evil Don logo she posted, it seems like that's definitely keeping inline with their style. Should be fun.
ReplyDeleteI think that that aesthetic is really nice, really RETRO. I really dig it. Then again, I'm a huge fan of that era. SO maybe I'm a little biased.
ReplyDeleteI have seen your mock ups and I think you should post them just to give an idea of the awesomeness. I would also check out House Industries (font foundry) because they have some awesome classic fonts that would coincide with his already established aesthetic. They also have a bit of illustrator drawings that you might be able to do an alternative design that works well with your chosen path.
ReplyDelete